Thursday, August 7, 2008

Goofy Challenge training update

Base training is going pretty well, although there are days that I have trouble getting motivated to go out and run. A big part of the reason that I sometimes struggle with the drive to get outside is that I’ve been looking for a new job. I left my old position 9 weeks ago and I’ve had to spend a lot of time looking for a new job. Sometimes, I’m worn out mentally and I don’t feel like running. Other times, I get out, do my run, and have a productive day. The base training ends in two weeks and I’ll take the last week of August off to rest and recover from any nagging aches and pains, then September 1 (Labor Day), I’ll start my Goofy Challenge training program. I’m actually excited about getting to the training and I really hope that I’ll be able to go down to WDW for the Marathon Weekend. I pray that I have to take time off from work to go, even if I have to come back on the Tuesday after the race. That could be physically taxing, but I’d rather be sore sitting on a plane going home knowing I have to go to work the next day than going home to keep looking for a job.

No comments: